Drunk driving allegations are a serious matter. Being arrested for driving while intoxicated can lead to penalties, jail time, or a loss of your driver’s license. These convictions can quickly put many people in a bad position, as they can no longer drive to work and may lose their jobs. Our Chicago DUI defense lawyer will do everything possible to secure a positive outcome with the best criminal defense possible. Don’t settle for a guilty plea.
How Our DUI Defense Attorney Serves Our Clients
It can be difficult to get straight answers when it comes to drunk driving allegations from government agents in both the motor vehicle department as well as the police office and courts. When you call us, an expert DUI defense attorney will go over every aspect of your case with you, spell out your rights, explain the legal process, and begin to form an effective criminal defense.
How Our DUI Defense Lawyer Will Defend You
There are a number of defenses available to a person who receives a driving while intoxicated charge, no matter how bleak the situation might appear at first. Our DUI defense lawyer will ask the following questions that can all have a conviction thrown out or reduced:
- Did the initial arresting officer have probable cause to pull you over?
- Did the officer conduct the proper field sobriety tests?
- Was the breathalyzer or other blood alcohol test properly conducted, calibrated, and recorded?
- Do you have any medical conditions that could interfere with these tests?
- Any of these questions can poke holes in a drunk driving case and help to reduce or eliminate both criminal and civil penalties.